Setting Up the Parental Controls On FX Networks On Fire TV
It is always important for parents to note what their kids are watching on TV especially, when you have a streaming player at their service. To curb their streaming, parents have the age-old technique of parental controls. Which can be effected on FX Networks on Fire TV.
These are the general settings that you would find on any device for controlling what movies you want your kids.
The above list is actually for TV shows which too may sometimes have content inappropriate for your kids. If the content exceeds the ratings that you have set, kids will only receive an error message when these settings are enabled. For example, we will assume that you have a PG-13 setting and the kids try to play an R rated movie. Then, instead of the movie, the kids will only receive an error message from the channel.
Making Use of These Controls
You can set parental control for the channel for which there are three possible techniques.
- On your streaming players like Roku, Amazon Fire Stick and etc..
- With the TV provider
- Using your FX Network account
You will need external assistance for the first two techniques and the only one that you can perform on your own is using FX Networks on Fire TV.
Access it from a PC
The control of the primary account should be yours to successfully change parental control settings. And you definitely cannot use your sub account i.e. your kids’ account for the same.
- Open a web browser
- And then, open fxnetworks.com/activate website
- Use the primary account to login
- Select the SETTINGS menu
- Now, select the PARENTAL CONTROLS option after you select your username
- Then, choose any number of sub account for which you want to effect these controls
- Each sub account is unique
- Therefore, carefully change settings for each one separately
- Now, set a PIN
- This is for your primary FX account
- And also to ensure that no one else is able to change those settings
Access it from a Mobile device
For this process, you may need the FX Network app on your mobile device which can be a smartphone or a tablet. Otherwise, use a web browser on these devices and then access the channel provider’s website.
- Open the app in your mobile device
- Make sure to login with the primary account
- Open the SETTINGS menu from the menu list
- Now, make a selection for the PARENTAL CONTROLS
- Select the movies or TV menu
- These options correspond to the respective settings
- Set the rating for each sub-account
- Also, remember to set the secret code for the primary FX account
Apart from these methods, you can always rely on your streaming players to effect such changes which are way much easier.